Monday, December 1, 2014

Day 1 - Archer - blaming it all on Stine

That darn Tabitha.  I had no plans to participate in this year's Marcothon.  Then I saw Tabitha's first post.  Then there was the invite to participate in the 2014 Marcothon blog.  Yet I have only been running one day a week.  I am fifteen pounds heavier than this time last year.  I had ten minutes to get out of the house to make it to the Intense Conditioning class.  Then something clicked, don't fight it fat boy!  I chose to skip the class in order to give Marcothon a chance to break me down.

So I am shuffling my way into the race with a ridiculously slow pace that will be repeat.  Sorry for the insulting pace to my real running friends.  I will get the distance in and just might be able to pick up the pace over the month just in time to run the Siberian Express on January 4th. At this point, running any faster might hurt something on this is one you have to last for the long haul.

On a bright note, here is what was waiting on me as I came through the door.  Colossus, our new to us for just a week, 3 year old Rottie.  He was waiting to get a big rub.


I ran with MapMyRide+! Distance: 3.05mi, time: 40:26, pace: 13:14min/mi, speed: 4.53mi/h. http://mapmyride.com/workout/808734591

No comments:

Post a Comment