Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Days 1,2 & 3 - Ward - My Heart Says Yes But My Legs Say NO

It's been quite some time since I have run regularly so 3 miles on this third day had my legs feeling like Jello.  My first 3 runs of Marcothon have been cold (20ish F) and dark.  At least running in the evening allows me to enjoy the numerous holiday decoration extravaganzas in and around Homewood.

Currently my dress is simple ...
Feet: DeFeet Woolie socks under Brooks Pure Connect Shoes
Legs: Nike lightweight running tights under a lightweight pair of running pants
Chest: Under Armor thermal long sleeve shirt under a Bontrager cycling windproof jacket with underarm zippered vents
Hands: Lightweight running gloves
Head: Gore cycling balaclava

While running this keeps me toasty in 20F+ weather.  Any colder and I will have to rethink what is on my legs.



No comments:

Post a Comment