Thursday, December 4, 2014

Day 4 Sorensen - exhausted and acchomplised

I started Marcothon following a Half-Marathon. I usually take about a weeks rest after a long race, but with the race being on November 29th and Marcothon beginning on December 1st, that wasn't an option this time around.

This first week Kelly and I have been up and running by 4:45am every morning. At the least, it is proving to be exhausting on my body. my breathing seems off, my legs are like tree trunks and I'm tired! I can't remember the last time I ran 4 consecutive days in a row. I am a big believer in letting the body recover and heal. However, this month, there will be NONE OF THAT!!!  That being said, I am done complaining and looking forward to the challenge of completing all my runs this December. There WILL BE NO falling off the wagon this winter.

While rolling out of bed and getting up every morning at 4:30 has been difficult it has also been rewarding. It has eliminated some of  the rush of my day. It allows more "me" time. The boys and me are showered and ready for the day to begin with plenty of time for me to sit and enjoy a HOT coffee while they play a little before we leave for preschool.

Today, when I got home from our run it was still dark out. I walked in to the Christmas tree lit and Mike reading to the boys. I showered, turned on some Christmas music and enjoyed breakfast with my boys. It is these moments, that encourage me to keep going, because if I had not been up and running, they would have crawled in our bed, we would have hit the snooze...there would have been no reading, no enjoying the quiet Christmas morning, no HOT coffee and a lot of GET UP WE GOTTA GO..HURRY, HURRY, HURRY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment