Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 17, 18, 19 -Cordero- The differences between Joel's and Priscilla's brain

So all this running and all these miles really gives you time to think. Almost too much time. So the other day, I spent 3 miles thinking about the differences between Joel's brain and mine. Yeah, I know. I was just really intrigued by his math post the other day and how he thinks, prays or does math while he runs. I would definitely say I think and pray on runs, but I DO NOT do math. Listen to music, yes, but math, no. Don't get me wrong, I love math, but I just use my GPS watch for purposes of figuring out when I am going to finish and my pace and such. I am just as obsessed as Joel with my pace though and that is why I look at my watch (how many times was that Gavin, 45 times on a 3 mile run?)

Another implied difference is that while Joel will spend a run doing math, I'll spend a run thinking about Joel doing math...So of course, Joel, I am guessing on some things here, but your brain seems to work in more logical ways.

Being able to focus on doing math while running also requires enjoying the details. I like the big picture. Keith will start to share an engineering project with me or why his guitar sounds the way it sounds and my eyes start to glaze over. Just tell me how I make money on this engineering project. Just play the guitar. That's me. I don't need to know how it works necessarily. :) I know, that's blasphemous to you engineers, but it's just the way my brain works. And I do admire you guys for these traits. I'm not bashing anyone here, just philosophizing as a result of having WAY to much time to think while running WAY too much.

I'm also too ADHD to do math while running or anything else for that matter. So on that note, while writing this, my mind has wandered to where I will be in March----Puerto Rico baby!!! See pic below. Hasta la proxima!

No comments:

Post a Comment