Sunday, December 7, 2014

Days 5, 6, 7- Cordero - Fun times and not so fun times



First of all, I'd like to say that I haven't been able to blog the last few days because I've been sucked into the best book I've read in a while-Rebecca. I was going out of town and needed a book to read, so I stopped by my neighbor Nan's outdoor library and picked up that book. I had no idea what it was about (didn't know it was the same book as the movie "Rebecca," which I might add is a phenomenal Hitchcock film). I was hooked! I found myself reading while I was brushing my teeth, putting my shoes on or doing anything else I could do with one hand free to hold the book. I finished it last night and would highly recommend the book (and the movie).
On another note, I definitely know I would not want to live in Springfield. In 3 days of running, I did not run into a single runner. That is about the most depressing thought I can think. I had been lucky the first 4 days of marcothon as the 5th run was the first run I had to get up before 6 a.m. for.
For my 6th run, I thought it'd be a good idea to take Alex with me. He rode his bike.  Although you wouldn't guess it from this picture, my run was miserable (we did take this before we started). Alex is pretty high maintenance and my run consisted of him yelling one million questions while I ran. "Do you like me?" Of course, I answered "yes." He asks "really?"  Then "why are we going this way?" "When can I ride on the street?" "Can we go to the park?" And of course, he is yelling so the entire neighborhood can hear his badgering. I definitely questioned my line of thinking about bringing him with. At 2 miles, I decided to drop him off at the park while I circled the park. He continued to yell "mom!" The redeeming factor on the run was when he high-fived me. That almost made everything else okay. Still, I may think twice before bringing him on the next run. 
For day 7, I ran with Yvonne. We hadn't run together in a while, so there was a lot of catching up to do. I managed to squeeze in 6.5 miles and we did a short loop through Izaac Walton too. That 6.5 miles went by much faster than any 3 mile run I've done since this began. Thanks, Yvonne!


No comments:

Post a Comment